Those of you who have me on other social media know that our precious Stella passed away back in November (I avoided making a big post here because I know I'll just cry and cry). Since, we've been debating whether or not to get another dog since Diesel has never been an only dog. We were happy with just D but as days went on, he just got needy and lazy and mopey. So we started casually looking into another dog. No one could ever replace Stella but Diesel still needed a friend.
Obviously, we were very picky because of the kids so shelter dogs were going to be a gamble. But we don't have time to raise a new puppy so we needed a dog that was at least a year or two old.
This actually is a crazy story. One day, I was on facebook and one of my facebook friends (not even sure I know her in real life) posted that she always posts about Pits. So I commented with a picture of Diesel and said how much I loved them. Well another girl that I wasn't friends with chimed in and said she had a red nose Pit she was looking to rehome.
So I messaged her and got some more details and pictures. She's two years old, raised with kids and other dogs, just weaned a litter of puppies, and was now looking for a home. Only problem? She was 2 hours away in Norwalk, Ohio. But it was too late, my heart was set.
J and I had last friday off because he had an operation in the afternoon so I talked to the chick and arranged to meet her at 9:30 that morning to pick her up.
$30 in fuel, 4 hours of driving, and one skeptical J but I brought her home. She's definitely thin and needs spayed but she's perfect. Right off the bat, she didn't care about Diesel. Now they play and share the couch and last night we even successfully shared the bed with both of them. Her and Kota are best buds (she just calls her "puppy").
Welcome to the Duncan clan, Hazel Mareeđź’“
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Operation Dream House Loading: All New Bones
So when you walked into the main living area of the house, you could tell that the floor kind of waved. Like most older houses, it settled a...
-
Warning: This is one of those me, venting my life problems. So I apologize in advance. Well, I've been struggling. Plain and simpl...
-
I was gonna save this for tuesday but I'm bored. Basically, I turn 18 in 4 days and of course I'm having rebellious thoughts of gett...
-
I hadn't planned on this being the topic of my next post. Honestly, I didn't think I would think to comment on this topic on here bu...






No comments:
Post a Comment